into one sentence

< Previous | Next >

Mack&Mack

Korea & Korean
Hello,

Would you let me know if the sentence below is correct?

I got back to school, which became my second university, where I studied English Education.

I don't know if it is appropriate but I just wanted to put three different sentences into one.

Thank you in advance.

• Mack&Mack

Korea & Korean
    The meaning is a bit confusing. Can you provide the separate sentences or, better yet, an explanation of what you do want to say?
    I got back to school, which became my second university, where I studied English Education.

1. I got back to school. (After working for two years)

2. The school became my second university.

3. There I I studied English Education. (At my first university, I studied computer science.)

Thank you, bibliolept.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    The idiom for continuing one's studies is "He/I/they went back to school."

It's odd to say something became your second university in literal terms. After all, it was a university before you attended it. (You could say "life" or a second job or children could be your second university.)

I would write, trying to keep changes to a minimum: "I went back to school, to a different university, where I studied English Education."

Mack&Mack

Korea & Korean
    The idiom for continuing one's studies is "He/I/they went back to school."

It's odd to say something became your second university in literal terms. After all, it was a university before you attended it. (You could say "life" or a second job or children could be your second university.)

I would write, trying to keep changes to a minimum: "I went back to school, to a different university, where I studied English Education."
    Thank you very much bibliolept. :)

I always have a tendency to make confusing sentences. I'll try to change the style.

One thing I'd like to ask is that -I am not questioning your knowlwedge at all- I remember being corrected to use I got back to school once. Can there be any difference depending on where they come from?

bibliolept

AE, Español
    "I got to school" could be used literally when you physically returned to or traveled back to a school that you had previously visited. This is not the same as the phrase "went back to school" to mean that you recommenced your studies, at the same school or at a different one.

< Previous | Next >