1. Pink55 Member

    England, English
    How can I say invigilator in French? As in the person that is present when taking an exam, to give out extra paper and make sure no one is cheating...
  2. Jean-Michel Carrère Senior Member

    French from France
    surveillant (M) / surveillante (F)
  3. bh7 Senior Member

    Limestone City
    Canada; English
    For the benefit of francophone students of English:
    " Un surveillant/une surveillante " would be known as a "proctor" in Canada and USA. "Invigilator" is known in Canada, but is not as common as is "proctor". My two U.S. college dictionaries don't even list the word "invigilator".
    Last edited: May 17, 2008

Share This Page