IPS + ALEA (6.15%)

Bella1

UK Bilingual French/English
In an Insurance Policy, the expression 'IPS + ALEA (6.15%)' appears.
IPS means 'Impuestos Sobre Primas de Seguro' (Insurance Premium Tax) - does ALEA mean something like 'Contingencies' in this context?

• boroman

Español - España
    Hola, he visto: Impuesto para Liquidación de Entidades Aseguradoras (LEA) , como verás se ha perdido una A...

Bella1

Too late for my translation, but thank you very much - you were the only member to reply. The additional 'A' was misleading - I wonder what it means. I found CLEA - Comisión Liquidadora de Entidades Aseguradoras, but that has been replaced by el Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros.

lauranazario

Español puertorriqueño & US English
    In an Insurance Policy, the expression 'IPS + ALEA (6.15%)' appears.
    IPS means 'Impuestos Sobre Primas de Seguro' (Insurance Premium Tax) - does ALEA mean something like 'Contingencies' in this context?
    Since you haven't found the meaning of ALEA, it would help a lot if you write down the entire sentence + gave us some context (background information/explanation on what the actual document was saying when they used the acronym).

saludos,
    LN

Bella1

Lauranazario. No sentence. Simply the calculation for a Prima Total Annual (Prima Neta + IPS + ALEA (6.15%)) in a Madrid Insurance Policy. Your idea of a typo for ALAE is feasible, and fits the context, but would a Spanish insurance policy have these English initials when the preceding IPS initials are definitely Spanish? Thanks for your investigative effort. Bella.