Is 'interweave' appropriate to describe the motion of planets around the sun?

Li singh

hindi
Hi
The planets move around the sun on their own fixed paths ( orbit). Can we use 'interweave' to describe the planets' motion around the sun in such a way that the planets are interweaving?
( Is it not a question that can be asked in the forum?)
Thanks

• Possibly the planets' motions through the sky--apparent, geocentric, that is--can be said to interweave with one another and the stars. As far as the orbits go, considered heliocentrically, the main planets don't 'interweave,' though Pluto crosses inside the orbit of Neptune.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Not really, with the exception of Pluto, which is not a planet, there is no "interweaving" of orbits.

Crosspost with Bennymix with whom I agree.

Li singh

hindi
    Possibly the planets' motions through the sky--apparent, geocentric, that is--can be said to interweave with one another and the stars.
    I can't understand what you mean here. I should like some more words to make me understand. Many many thanks for your post.

"apparent" means here "the way it looks from the earth's surface looking up to the sky" "geocentric" means here "from an earthbound point of view"

It still does look like the sun and moon rise and fall, even though we know it's due to rotation, but the apparent motion is of rising and falling.

< Previous | Next >