Is it weird to say "Let me introduce something to you"??

< Previous | Next >

sarahcc

Chinese
Let me introduce something to you

What about "Extensive reading materials should be introduced since primary school so as to cultivate a better language sense since childhood."???

• baa7ith

US English
    Hi sarahcc :)

This usage is fine. Additionally, the word "since" is not correct. It should be, "Beginning in primary school."

However, the sentence itself could be re-phrased better, even without using "introduced."

Here is another example of how to ideally use this word:

"A focus on cursive writing should be slowly introduced into the curriculum once the child has learned the regular alphabet."

As for your sentence, I would simply say:

"A focus on reading should begin in primary school so as to cultivate a deeper grasp of language."

sarahcc

Chinese
    Hi sarahcc :)

This usage is fine. Additionally, the word "since" is not correct. It should be, "Beginning in primary school."

However, the sentence itself could be re-phrased better, even without using "introduced."

Here is another example of how to ideally use this word:

"A focus on cursive writing should be slowly introduced into the curriculum once the child has learned the regular alphabet."

As for your sentence, I would simply say:

"A focus on reading should begin in primary school so as to cultivate a deeper grasp of language."

Thank you!!:)

< Previous | Next >