Is it weird to say "Let me introduce something to you"??

sarahcc

Chinese
Let me introduce something to you

What about "Extensive reading materials should be introduced since primary school so as to cultivate a better language sense since childhood."???

• baa7ith

US English
    Hi sarahcc :)

This usage is fine. Additionally, the word "since" is not correct. It should be, "Beginning in primary school."

However, the sentence itself could be re-phrased better, even without using "introduced."

Here is another example of how to ideally use this word:

"A focus on cursive writing should be slowly introduced into the curriculum once the child has learned the regular alphabet."

As for your sentence, I would simply say:

"A focus on reading should begin in primary school so as to cultivate a deeper grasp of language."

sarahcc

Chinese
    Hi sarahcc :)

This usage is fine. Additionally, the word "since" is not correct. It should be, "Beginning in primary school."

However, the sentence itself could be re-phrased better, even without using "introduced."

Here is another example of how to ideally use this word:

"A focus on cursive writing should be slowly introduced into the curriculum once the child has learned the regular alphabet."

As for your sentence, I would simply say:

"A focus on reading should begin in primary school so as to cultivate a deeper grasp of language."

Thank you!!:)

< Previous | Next >