Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?

< Previous | Next >

natasha2000

I really do not understand a thing here... What does this sentence mean?

The context is:

What is love? What is this longing in our hearts for togetherness? Is it not the sweetest flower? Does not this flower of love have the fragrant aroma of fine, fine diamonds? Does not the wind love the dirt? Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to? Are you with someone tonight? Do not question your love. Take your lover by the hand. Release the power within yourself. Your heard me, release the power. Tame the wild cosmos with a whisper. Conquer heaven with one intimate caress. That's right don't be shy. Whip out everything you got and do it in the butt. By Leon Phelps

It is a phrase from a movie The Ladies Man

Thank you in advance...
Nat.

• se16teddy

English - England
    But the author something wanted to say with it, didn't he?
    I have not seen the film, but I suppose that the author is saying that the speaker is a verbal show-off whose impressive words do not (always) make a lot of sense. The same is true of the rest of your quotation. The speaker is intoxicated by the exuberance of his own verbosity.

There is a long history of such characters in comedy, going back at least to Dogberry in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogberry

Last edited:

natasha2000

Oh, then it is just a plain blah blah without any sense, and if I were to translate it, I could put whatever I wanted, as long as it looks impressive verbosity rubbish...

Thank you all, guys! :D

mancunienne girl

English - England
    Despite the pretentiousness of this sentence, I think he is saying that love is undescribable, just like the author's grasp of the English language!

< Previous | Next >