is the derivative share requirement indexed according to cost and percentage analysis?

< Previous | Next >

MoltresRider

English (United States)
I saw the following text in a cartoon.

is the derivative share requirement indexed according to cost and percentage analysis?

What are they talking about when they asked a character on the cartoon to fill out a form that was asking this question? What does this question mean? I know it is just a cartoon, but what is the logic behind this kind of question? In English, what is this question asking? Or what does this question mean? It's like it is speaking a foreign language.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please give us some more context, MoltresRider. What cartoon was this? What was going on in the story when this was said? What kind of form was the character filling out?

It is quite possible the sentence fragment was used simply to provide some obscure, complicated text that no one is supposed to understand, but we can't tell unless you give us some more information.

Edited to add: The source appears to be an episode of "Rocko's Modern Life" entitled Magic Meatball (detailed plot summary here). The relevant context:

A hidden door in the ceiling that’s above Mr. Bighead’s desk opens up and reveals an unusual sort of chute, and a stack of forms fall down the chute and land neatly in the inbox on Mr. Bighead’s desk; each of these forms asks Mr. Bighead to make a yes or no decision. Mr Bighead feels confident that he can get the work done with no problem and he gets started with Form 1, which asks Mr. Bighead: “Is the derivative share requirement indexed according to cost and percentage analysis?”

I see this as confirming what I suspected above. We aren't meant to be able to make sense of it.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >