is there an expression "graduation messages"

Discussion in 'English Only' started by longxianchen, May 30, 2014.

  1. longxianchen Senior Member

    At the time of graduating, we are usually asked to leave messages on a piece of paper or a note book of a certain classmate to show memory or friendship. But I don't know if it's called "graduation messages". Would you please tell me the name of this activity?
    Thank you in advance
  2. Copyright

    Copyright Senior Member

    American English
    We always said, "Sign my yearbook." Or some people did ... I didn't ask anyone to sign mine because I just wanted out of there. :)

    I've never heard a name for these scribblings.
  3. KHS

    KHS Senior Member

    You might say, "Write a memory that you have of our time together (in high school, in college, etc)." I was thinking of the term "remembrance," but it's a bit formal and much more general than what you mention.

    Like Copyright, I don't know a particular term for what you're talking about.
  4. longxianchen Senior Member

    Thank you very much.

Share This Page