Is there any chance you <go> <went> <could go>

Nik1234

Greek
Hello everyone!
I need some advice on how to use "There is a chance/Is there any chance?"
I'm trying to understand which is the most suitable tense to use after this expression,in order to refer to the past,the present and the future as well.So let me clarify my point with some examples.

-To refer to the present(by asking for something...so perhaps there is a reference to the future as well,I don't know.What ever!):
(1)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you go to the supermarket instead of me?"(meaning <Will you go to the supermarket?>)
(2)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you went to the supermarket instead of me?"(meaning <Could you go to the supermarket?>)maybe it is more polite,I don't know...
For the same purpose...could the following sentences be used?If yes,would you prefer to use (3) than (1),(2)?
(3)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you can/could go to the supermarket?"

-To refer to the past:
(5)"Is there any chance you had gone to the supermarket last week to buy fish?"
(6)"Is there any chance you went to the supermarket last week to buy fish?"

Which of these two is correct?

Saying "Is there any chance you will do something" is wrong,isn't it?

In conclusion...I'm actually asking for the general rule regarding the proper tense to use with this expression.If you have any notice on my examples,please let me know.Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

• owlman5

English-US
    (1)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you go to the supermarket instead of me?"(meaning <Will you go to the supermarket?>)
    (2)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you went to the supermarket instead of me?"(meaning <Could you go to the supermarket?>)maybe it is more polite,I don't know...
    For the same purpose...could the following sentences be used?If yes,would you prefer to use (3) than (1),(2)?
    (3)"I'm really tired.Is there any chance you can/could go to the supermarket?"
    Hello. Go and went sound strange in those questions, Nik. This version sounds normal to me: Is there any chance that you can/will go to the supermarket?

(6)"Is there any chance you went to the supermarket last week to buy fish?"
    Went sounds far more likely than had gone in this question. If I wanted to ask the question, I would probably include the word that: Is there any chance that you went to the supermarket last week to buy fish?

Saying "Is there any chance you will do something" is wrong,isn't it?
    I don't think so. I have never heard of any rule that forbids the use of will in a question that begins with Is there any chance....?

The Newt

English - US
    "Is there any chance you went to the supermarket instead of me?" doesn't work as a request to someone to do something for you now. It can only refer to the past.

Nik1234

Greek
    Hello. Go and went sound strange in those questions, Nik. This version sounds normal to me: Is there any chance that you can/will go to the supermarket?

Went
    sounds far more likely than had gone in this question. If I wanted to ask the question, I would probably include the word that: Is there any chance that you went to the supermarket last week to buy fish?

I
    don't think so. I have never heard of any rule that forbids the use of will in a question that begins with Is there any chance....?
    Thank you so much!

Nik1234

Greek
    "Is there any chance you went to the supermarket instead of me?" doesn't work as a request to someone to do something for you now. It can only refer to the past.
    I see.I was thinking of something like the subjunctive,but perhaps it is too much,I don't know.
    Thank you!