is this possible?

< Previous | Next >

rarabara

Turkish
I am not sure exactly about the applicability of this request.
But I propose to admins to let the reported users know about the report.

What have I thought by this or what do I expect?
I think sometimes critiques are good for users. (For instance,I think I do not want or need to see who reported me or who had negative opinion about my posts,but rather, I am sure I shall need some critiques and sometimes I enjoy to see what other people think about my relevant posts)
in the current situation, some users report other ones and if the action is required,then the reported user is being informed.
but I propose the reported one to be informed about the issue even though any action should be required/taken.
as I said,I am not sure about the applicability of this proposition,because sometimes any very small difference might require a significant amount of work over the website.

Last edited:
  • DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    Thank you for your suggestion. :)

Can I just clarify that I've understood what you're asking, please? Are you talking about what happens when you report a post, and if so, are you talking about the member who sent in the report. or the member whose post was reported, or both?

rarabara

Turkish
    Are you talking about what happens when you report a post
    ! in fact,I mention anyone,when he/she is reported (not degraded just to me or someone,it can be anyone
    yes
    and if so, are you talking about the member who sent in the report
    not the id of reporter as it explained below
    no.
    or the member whose post was reported
    yes , only reported one and relevant post(s). I mean critiques may be important ,of course not all of them or random critiques ,but some of them.(in order for whom to improve their criticized skills)

summary: I recommend you let the reported one(may be anyone) learn what he/she has done wrong in the eye of reporter (critique only,not the personality(not id or nickname of reporter)))

Last edited:

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    yes , only reported one and relevant post(s). I mean critiques may be important ,of course not all of them or random critiques ,but some of them.(in order for whom to improve their criticized skills)

summary: I recommend you let the reported one(may be anyone) learn what he/she has done wrong in the eye of reporter (critique only,not the personality(not id or nickname of reporter)))
    Okay, thank you. :)

It depends on what the report said. If it's just, for example, a spelling mistake in a thread title, we simply correct it. If it's posting a link to a video clip, we'd delete it and just send the member a brief message explaining that those are not allowed, but we wouldn't necessarily say that it had been reported.

We do regularly have private conversations with members as a result of reports, aimed at trying to help them use the forums, and those will normally include an indication of anything they're doing which they shouldn't be doing. We might explain that a post of theirs had been reported another member but we wouldn't tell them who it was. This is to avoid any unnecessary ill-feeling or personal animosity.

But we don't routinely give "feedback" on every single report we recive: there are just too many and in many cases it isn't really necessary.

I hope that's answered your question. :)

Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    My two cents:

I don't think it's useful to inform a user that one of his posts has been reported for the following reasons.

There are two possibilities:

1) the post was reported, but there was no reason for the post to be reported because it was completely valid. In that case the user who posted the reported post does not need to know it was reported.
    2) the post that was reported, was with good reason. In that case, the moderators will take action and either tell the user whose post was reported why they did that or they will just delete or adapt the post with a comment explaining why it was done.

However I think it could be useful to inform a user if something was done to one of his posts; perhaps the software could automate that by sending an alert??? so as to not add additional workload to the moderator team.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >