Issue/Stress/State/Outline/Release?

sambistapt

Brazilian Portuguese
Hello amigos!

I´d be thankful to the one(s) who tick the right option(s) for me in the samples bellow:).

- The president has released--issued--outlined--stressed--stated a new plan to put the inflation under control.

-The prime minister has released--issued--outlined--stressed--stated that he intends to change his policy on abortion law.

I´ve always got mixed up with these verbs.

Thanks,

Sam:cool:

• El escoces

English - UK
    Hello amigos!

I´d be thankful to the one(s) who tick the right option(s) for me in the samples bellow:).

- The president has released--issued--outlined :tick:--stressed--stated a new plan to put the inflation under control.

-The prime minister has released--issued--outlined--stressed--stated :tick: that he intends to change his policy on abortion law.
    Of the choices offered, these are the ones I would choose.

Note the absence of the definite article before "inflation". :)

EDIT: and only one l in "below" (bellow means something else)

Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Moderator note:

This thread is temporarily closed while the moderators discuss it. We'll be as fast as we can.

Thank you for your patience.

Nun-Translator

sambistapt

Brazilian Portuguese
    - The president has released--issued--outlined :tick:--stressed--stated a new plan to put the inflation under control.

-The prime minister has released--issued--outlined--stressed--stated :tick: that he intends to change his policy on abortion law.

I thought that in the first sample I could use "released/stated and issued"
    and in the second one "stressed and issued" cause to me, they seem to be similar to announce, like the example below:
    Robinho issued/stated/announced that he means to stay at City.

Thanks for unlocking my thread and for your patience and sorry if I wasn´t enough clear in my previous thread.

Sam:cool:

El escoces

English - UK
    Thanks for elaborating on your thoughts, Sam. I should have allowed you the opportunity to do so initially.

For me, "released" and "issued" sound more appropriate for a statement, rather than a plan. "Stated" - again, for me - does not sit happily with plan.

In the second sentence, "stressed" could be right in certain circumstances (in the case of Robinho, for example, where his behaviour might have suggested an intention to leave, and he wanted to stress, or emphasise, his continuing commitment to the club). But normally, when one is speaking of an official announcement, I would expect to see "stated" used: hence the expression "statement of intention".

< Previous | Next >