It appeared to be kind of universal

< Previous | Next >

palabra86

Spanish
I wonder if " it appeared to be kind of universal" that means that one refer to Universal phenomena?

But he explained the moon going around the earth, and the earth going around the sun, and he would later explain Jupiter's moons going around Jupiter. So, it wasn't just a law of things that went around the sun, it appeared to be kind of universal, in the literal use of that term, as opposed to how that word is used so often in our culture: Miss universe, she's "miss earth", please! All right? Okay?
(Astronomy, video)

• palabra86

Spanish
    Laws of gravity and motion--e.g. moons-- hold throughout the universe. Small objects are trapped or affected by varying degrees--comets pass through the solar system, but the planets stay in orbits for eons.
    So I was wrong here... and he wasn't refer to phenomena, thanks

So I was wrong here... and he wasn't refer to phenomena, thanks
    Sorry, but I do not understand your last remark. To me 'phenomena' are observed/observable events in the natural universe. The laws of physics and the 'hard sciences' describe patterns of such events in quantitative terms, such as F=ma --one of the equations 'governing', i.e. describing the behavior of 'moons.'

< Previous | Next >