It doesnt seem so strange to me that we barely entertained

Analgesia

Chinese
It 's from lyrics of 'Where you wanted to be ' by Darren hayes
You could see also here http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/darrenhayes/whereyouwanttobe.html

' I think I remember sharing every single intimacy It doesnt seem so strange to me that we barely entertained even the politest of phrases But sometimes at night I conjure you up in my mind '

I don't know the meaning of sentences in red ,waiting for explaination and help , thanks in advance.

• Tazzler

American English
    Hmm, to me it sounds like he means that he doesn't find it strange that they refused to withhold anything from each other, no matter how vulgar or private it was.

suzi br

English / England
    The two bits do not seem to go together. The first bit: sharing every single intimacy, means they shared everything.

The second bit: we barely entertained even the politest of phrases, means they never really talked to each other.

Perhaps the sharing intimacy was just in his mind as he introduces that phrase with the words: I think I remember, which suggests he is fooling himself.

He seems pretty unsure all round because he also says it doesn't seem strange to him that they were not in conversation, really.

Or, it could suggest that they shared intimacy in a physical way without any words?

suzi br

English / England
    Having read the whole thing I think they used to be lovers and now they are not, and the polite words bit refers to how cold and distant they are now the passion is over.

Analgesia

Chinese
    Aha,Suzi br ,I do like your opinion, great explaination,perfect clarification! guess I understood the meaning yet. And also thanks to Tazzler ,yours' is helpful likewise

< Previous | Next >