It (has been) my pleasure to serve you

redgiant

Cantonese, Hong Kong
It's been my pleasure to serve you. Here at Company X we take great pride in delivering the highest quality supplements at the best prices to our customers.I'm very happy to do my part to make sure that they arrive at your doorstep exactly as you had expected.
It's taken from a "thank-you-for-your-order card" attached to a package I received from Company X. Why is it in present perfect tense? Is it because the whole serving (From the products being packed, shipped, to received) happened in the past and continue up to the present? By the time the package is received, the serving has been over, the task is finished.

• Biffo

English - England
    It's taken from a "thank-you-for-your-order card" attached to a package I received from Company X. Why is it in present perfect tense? Is it because the whole serving (From the products being packed, shipped, to received) happened in the past and continue up to the present? By the time the package is received, the serving has been over, the task is finished.
    I would say ...(From the products being packed and shipped) happened in the past and continued up to the time of writing...

< Previous | Next >