it is completely rough in the edge

economistegypt2010

Arabic, العربية
One of the consultant that I am dealing with has said to me in his reply to my questions regarding company's case the following: "Hopefully that can help, although it is completely rough in the edge..."

I searched about this fragment or expression in a dictionary, I found it means "
some parts of it are not of very good quality" Do you think that it means what I found in the dictionary?

The link of the dictionary: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/rough+edges

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    We need to know what you are talking about. Is it something manufactured, or is it a report, or is it something else?
    And what sort of thing is he saying 'can help'?

"rough in the edge" does not look like good English, but it might be correct in some specific context.

economistegypt2010

Arabic, العربية
    We are talking about available solutions for customer's attrition case of a specific company. He suggested solutions for the case and said what I mentioned in my first post in the end of his email.
    We need to know what you are talking about. Is it something manufactured, or is it a report, or is it something else?
    And what sort of thing is he saying 'can help'?

"rough in the edge" does not look like good English, but it might be correct in some specific context.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    He may have been thinking of "rough around the edges" which means that some details have not been completely worked out, though the main ideas are there.

(As I said in another thread, I don't think he is a native speaker of English. His English itself is a little rough around the edges.)

< Previous | Next >