It is necessary to manage our implicit and explicit knowledge. (irrelevant?)

< Previous | Next >

kablanburak

Turkish
Hello,
This question is quite confusing. I literally did not know which one i should have marked. I had my shot on D. Answer sheet says its A. What do you think?

(1)It is necessary to manage our implicit and explitic knowledge.(2) Explicit knowledge means that a person knows about knowledge and the ability to articulate those facts in some way.
(3) Implicit knowledge is information that is automatically and spontaneously used in language tasks. (4) Implicit processes enable a learner to perform language but not necessarily to cite rules governing the performance. (5) Instead of implicit and explicit Bialostok uses the terms "unanalysed" and "analysed" knowledge.

Which one is irrelevant or violating its unity and coherence?

A-1
B-2
C-3
D-4
E-5

<<Edited by moderator to set out the options more clearly, hoping that would help make the question clearer. It may have, but it did not help me to suggest an answer. >>

Last edited:
  • Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I think the entire question is gibberish. Seriously: I have been a professional writer and editor for many decades, and I have no idea what the author of this exercise intended.

Kablanburak: If this came from a textbook—what is the title, and who are the author and the publisher?

Biffo

English - England
    I think that these questions make sense only if you have just read a comprehension passage. Is that the case kablanburak? To answer properly we need to know the author's definitions of terms such as explicit and implicit knowledge. Also are we expected to know who Bialostock is?

Am I right? Is there more to the question than you have mentioned?

kablanburak

Turkish
    Luckily, this question is not from a book. Or else, ıt could have been spread out easily. It is just one of another rubbish publishing..

There is no additional information about the question. This is the only source.

Last edited:

Biffo

English - England
    Luckily, this question is not from a book. Or else, ıt could have been spread out easily. It is just one of another rubbish publishing..

There is no additional information about the question. This is only source.
    In that case I agree with Parla. It is a ridiculous question. There are no yes/no answers. Without further context, each option would require an essay to answer.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    As a shot in the dark I chose A, solely because the other choices seem OK. I can't imagine why one would say "manage knowledge" and what that would entail. I'm pretty sure that's not the reason they were thinking of. Yes, a ridiculous question.

< Previous | Next >