It meant that there was or that there is?

maplesyrup

French, Quebec variation
Hello,

I'm not sure about whether to write "but in my littlemind it meant that there was something wrong with being curious" or "but in my little mind it meant that there is something wrong with being curious".

Thank you!

• maplesyrup

French, Quebec variation
    Yes, here it is: "Looking back, I supposethe teacher’s intervention could have been an indirect way of showing herconcern about safety, but in my little mind it meant that there is somethingwrong with being curious".

Thank you.

akhooha

English - USA
    I'd say that since this thought occurred in the past, you should say "...there was something wrong ..."

maplesyrup

French, Quebec variation
    Thank you; maybe it's a case where both could be right, but I'm not a native speaker, so I'll take your advice.

maplesyrup

French, Quebec variation
    Hello again,

I decided to change my sentence, but again, I'm not sure about the verb tense. Here is the context: "Looking back, Isuppose the teacher’s intervention could have been an indirect way of showingher concern about safety, but my little mind translated it to mean thatcuriosity must have been something reprehensible". Is using "must have been" correct here?

Thank you.

akhooha

English - USA
    Hello again,

I decided to change my sentence, but again, I'm not sure about the verb tense. Here is the context: "Looking back, Isuppose the teacher’s intervention could have been an indirect way of showingher concern about safety, but my little mind translated it to mean thatcuriositymust have been something reprehensible". Is using "must have been" correct here?

Thank you.
    Yes.

< Previous | Next >