It shines on defense as a reactive meat shield.

MrRise

Russian
It is from the vido on YouTube, of a game character which is Ice Golem. By the context it seems it's good in defence..or defense, there were some mistakes in subtitles, because I still hear bad I was depending on them.

So I think it means Ice Golem is a good unit in defensing, and he said: It shines, like a brilliant I think, on defense. But following: as a reactive meat shield, I know what is meat shield, but why as reactive? That Ice Golem, as even author said is a low unit, maybe reactive as a adjective means "the best or good in something"?

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    I don't think it can be "meat shield," unless there is some aspect of this game I really don't understand. "Heat shield," which protects against heat, makes more sense to me. Does that help?

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    It sounds like the ice golem is at its best when it's being used as a shield to protect another character....

NB: "what this sentence means," not "what means this sentence"

Last edited:

MrRise

Russian
    It sounds like the ice golem is at its best when it's being used as a shield to protect another character....

NB: "what this sentence means," not "what means this sentence"
    Yeah, but he said Ice Golem has the lowest unit in the game, and then again, he called it reactive? Why?

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    Games like this usually have 3 kinds of characters: tanks, healers, and dps (damage-doers). An archer is a dps. A heavily armored warrior with a big shield is a tank. Usually they fight in groups of 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 or more dps.

The job of the tank is to try to make all the enemies ("mobs") attack him, not the other group members. He can withstand huge damage. So he is the group's defense, while the dps'ers kill the mobs. Tanks are often called "meat shields" because they "shield" (protect) the rest of the group.

Some game shields (that tanks carry) are "reactive": an enemy striking the shield causes damage to the enemy. This ice golem may have that kind of "reactive" shield built into him. Or he may be good at "reacting" to enemy attacks.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >