It ... that this car is awesome.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
This car is awesome.
I mean this car is cool, really good.
(speaking to someone who knows only that awesome means inspiring awe)

How would you say, It ... that this car is awesome.please?
Since It means that the car is awesome wouldn't work I think (sounds really awkward). Is there any verb in English that I could use in the above construction to replace mean???? Is it possible at all such a construction in this case?

Thanks in advance for help,
Thomas

• elroy

Imperfect mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Thomas1 said:
    This car is awesome.
    I mean this car is cool, really good.
    (speaking to someone who knows only that awesome means inspiring awe)

How would you say, It ... that this car is awesome.please?
    Since It means that the car is awesome wouldn't work I think (sounds really awkward). Is there any verb in English that I could use in the above construction to replace mean???? Is it possible at all such a construction in this case?

Thanks in advance for help,
    Thomas

I'm slightly confused as to what your question is, Thomas. Are you trying to explain to someone that awesome can also mean really cool as opposed to inspiring awe? If so, saying that the meaning is that "the car is awesome" would hardly achieve that purpose. :) My guess is that you meant to say "really cool" in an attempt to explain the colloquial meaning of awesome.

Regardless of the adjective, though, there is nothing wrong with "it means that," provided you are talking about the word.

-The car is awesome.
    -Awesome? Really?
    -Well, it means that the car is really cool.

However, I'd be more likely to say "that" instead of "it."

-That means that the car is really cool.

Does that answer your question? I'm not sure it did, but your query wasn't entirely clear to me. If you were asking about something else, please do let me know. :)