It (the weather) burns like a giaor's pussy.

< Previous | Next >

cicikuş

Banned
Turkish
Hello,

I merely would like to learn whether there is such an expression in Arabic language, as in the title: "It (the weather) burns like a giaour's (non-Muslim woman's) pussy." I am asking because we have the expression in the title, literally translated in the title, meaning "It's (the weather) is very very hot"

I do not know why non-Muslim women are considered to be nymphomaniacs by us, or where this expression stem from.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
  • suma

USA
    English, USA
    Cicikus I'm assuming that English is not your first language, so perhaps you can be excused for not knowing.
    However what you wrote above is extememly vulgar and offensive language not appropiate for a forum like this.
    Besides the offensive choice of words, the implied meaning is very insulting to every non-Muslim, and this isn't the model behaviour that Islam calls for.

cicikuş

Banned
    Turkish
    I know exactly what you mean and I have really have no intention to offend anyone.
    However, anyone can be offended by anything if she or he wants to be offended.

What I want to learn is ONLY where this expression stem from. The Ottoman Empire once controlled Eastern Europe. So, I thought, since our culture is a little bit on, "so-called", conservative side, non Muslim people's open attitude towards sex might have been regarded as dishonorable thing. Therefore it's become an expression, only in Turkish. Or, this is somehow used in all Muslim countries, steming from anonymous source.

I am aware of the fact that using such vulgar and offensive words is NOT promoted and highly restricted in Islam since I have been living in a predominantly Muslim country and raised in a Muslim family and environment.

Nevertheless, vulgar is vulgar. Using vulgar expressions is inexorably a part of language and culture even tough it (using vulgar) is not appropriate for rules. Some people use it. I just want to learn its source.

No need to be prim.

Last edited:

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    I seriously doubt any Arabic expression means anything like this. People would not even use such words, never mind use them to slander their non-muslim neighbours. I would also advise you to avoid being vulgar on here, 'vulgar is vulgar' is no justification.

chizinist

English
    What is the original proverb in Turkish? I'm interested to hear.

Also I don't understand why vulgarity should be avoided. Vulgarity is one of the most versatile and dynamic aspects of language.

cicikuş

Banned
    Turkish
    What is the original proverb in Turkish? I'm interested to hear.

Also I don't understand why vulgarity should be avoided. Vulgarity is one of the most versatile and dynamic aspects of language.
    Gavur amı gibi yanmak = for it to burn like giaour's pussy

gavur = giaour
    am = pussy (a vulgar word for women's vagina in Turkish)
    amı: the suffix indicates possession. "gavur am" is hard to grasp at first, therefore the suffix is added to the end of the word "am"
    gibi = like, as
    yanmak = to burn (without the suffix -mak the word "yan" becomes the imperative "burn!")

Hava gavur amı gibi yanıyor. = It (the weather) burns like a giaour's pussy. (Literal Meaning. But the expressions means that the weather is very very hot as explained in the first post of the thread) yanıyor -> -iyor or -ıyor 3rd person singular present continuous suffix. Present continuous tense is used as correct grammar when talking about today's weather with expressions.

Schem

Najdi Arabic
    I think I can speak on behalf of Saudi Arabia (and the GCC) when I say we don't have any similar expressions in our dialects. Other members here, from the Levant and Egypt, also noted its absence from the lexicons of their respective regions so I think it would be safe to deduce the expression is not found in Arabic.

< Previous | Next >