It was Pushkin

• cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    The "proverb" about Pushkin is very colloquial and is usually used to convey irritation at somebody's unwillingness to admit they did something.
    "Who did it then - Pushkin?!" It's not so polite and if you ask me worn-out and trivial. Though educated people sometimes use it as well, I think it betrays their inclination to commonplaces.
    Bulgakov used it in "The Master and Margarita" to give an ironical touch to portrait of a mean "chairman of the house committee".

Before his dream, Nikanor Ivanovich had been completely ignorant of the poet Pushkin's works, but the man himself he knew perfectly well and several times a day used to say phrases like: 'And who's going to pay the rent - Pushkin?' or `Then who did unscrew the bulb on the stairway - Pushkin?' or 'So who's going to buy the fuel - Pushkin?'

:)

As a native speaker I certainly wouldn't use it, but it's another story with learners of Russian: everyone would be impressed (and would perhaps laugh good-humouredly :)) if you used it in your speech:D

I hope it was interesting for you:)

MindStorm

Russia, russian
    Imho, this phrase could be used when talking about something that is to be made, not about something done already. the most usefou is "who's gonna pay-Pushkin?" =)