It would've seemed a hopeless scenario

< Previous | Next >

Agito a42

This comes from an official English translation of a Japanese comic.

A warrior tells another what could've happened with a certain man who was kept in a dungeon in a town, after the attack of monstrous creatures and the extermination of all the townsmen. First, the warrior explains how the man managed to escape the dungeon, then he says:
"When he emerged from the dungeon and saw how the town had been destroyed... It would've seemed a hopeless scenario. However, the human food would've been untouched. And if he gathered some gear together, it should've been that difficult to survive. After that, companions... a horse... If he managed to get both..."

I don't understand what exactly would've seemed a hopeless scenario, and to whom. Can you help me?

Perhaps, a hopeless scenario = hopeless circumstances? I mean, the 'scenario' = a situation, not a possible one.

Last edited:
  • Barque

Tamil
    The situation when the warrior got out of the dungeon and his prospects were the scenario. At that time, as soon as he got out of the dungeon, it would have seemed to him that there was no hope (of survival/progress). (Then he might have realised that he could find food and perhaps a horse etc)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >