It's a hell fit all the way from seventy ninth [had to hoof it all the way ....]

godfreychan

Cantonese - Hong Kong
In Black Swan, I hear a woman say...

Thought I'd f**king missed my stop.
It's a h*ll fit all the way from seventy ninth.

I have absolutely no idea what she means but I guess it's something to do with distance.

Last edited:
  • Gwan

New Zealand, English
    I looked up the script online and (at least according to the version I found) she says:

"F--king got off the wrong stop and had to hoof it from 79th"

'Hoof it' means to go on foot (walk).

She had to walk from 79th Street to wherever she meant to have gotten off--a long way, evidently.

Not all that long, although long enough to be inconvenient. Lincon Center (where the conversation takes place) is at the 66th Street stop of the #1 train; the girl got off two stops away at 79th Street and Broadway. She walked unnecessarily for a distance of about 2/3 of a mile -- or 1 kilometer.

scrotgrot

English - English
    Not all that long, although long enough to be inconvenient. Lincon Center (where the conversation takes place) is at the 66th Street stop of the #1 train; the girl got off two stops away at 79th Street and Broadway. She walked unnecessarily for a distance of about 2/3 of a mile -- or 1 kilometer.

This is a New Yorker we're talking about, a whole 2/3 of a mile is a long way for these city slickers :D

No, it isn't, scotgrot; New Yorkers are accustomed to walking everywhere. Three-fourths of the households in Manahttan, and two-thirds of the households in Brooklyn do not have even a single vehicle. The inhabitants of New York City regularly rely for transportation on a combination of subway and shank's mare.

This is well known to anyone who knows anything about New York City.