It's a hell fit all the way from seventy ninth [had to hoof it all the way ....]

< Previous | Next >

godfreychan

Cantonese - Hong Kong
In Black Swan, I hear a woman say...

Thought I'd f**king missed my stop.
It's a h*ll fit all the way from seventy ninth.

I have absolutely no idea what she means but I guess it's something to do with distance.

Last edited:
  • Gwan

New Zealand, English
    I looked up the script online and (at least according to the version I found) she says:

"F--king got off the wrong stop and had to hoof it from 79th"

'Hoof it' means to go on foot (walk).

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    She had to walk from 79th Street to wherever she meant to have gotten off--a long way, evidently.
    Not all that long, although long enough to be inconvenient. Lincon Center (where the conversation takes place) is at the 66th Street stop of the #1 train; the girl got off two stops away at 79th Street and Broadway. She walked unnecessarily for a distance of about 2/3 of a mile -- or 1 kilometer.

scrotgrot

English - English
    Not all that long, although long enough to be inconvenient. Lincon Center (where the conversation takes place) is at the 66th Street stop of the #1 train; the girl got off two stops away at 79th Street and Broadway. She walked unnecessarily for a distance of about 2/3 of a mile -- or 1 kilometer.
    This is a New Yorker we're talking about, a whole 2/3 of a mile is a long way for these city slickers :D

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    No, it isn't, scotgrot; New Yorkers are accustomed to walking everywhere. Three-fourths of the households in Manahttan, and two-thirds of the households in Brooklyn do not have even a single vehicle. The inhabitants of New York City regularly rely for transportation on a combination of subway and shank's mare.

This is well known to anyone who knows anything about New York City.

< Previous | Next >