It's a steal

GiggLiden

English US
Buenas noches, amigos amables. (NY)

Hay alguién que pueda decirme el equivalente de ...
"It's a steal" ?

It means it's SO cheap (you're getting such a good price) that you almost feel as if you were stealing it.

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.
:)

• Sinhote

Galicia, Spain - Galician, Spanish
    "Es un regalo", meaning it's so cheap that it's just like the shop attendants is giving it to you as a present, for free.
    It's funny: in Spanish, the literal translation "es un robo" would mean just the oppossite as in English: "It's so expensive, that I feel as of I'm being swindled, robbed".

GiggLiden

English US
    Sinhote said:
    "Es un regalo", meaning it's so cheap that it's just like the shop attendants is giving it to you as a present, for free.
    It's funny: in Spanish, the literal translation "es un robo" would mean just the oppossite as in English: "It's so expensive, that I feel as of I'm being swindled, robbed".
    What TOOK you so long to come up with an answer ?????

Estoy bromeando !!!!!!!

This room must have the world's smartest and fastest linguists in it. I barely finished typing the question, and there you are with a totally elucidating answer! Miliones gracias, amigo.

Just by way of reciprocating a tad of usefulness, the "es un robo" would here end up being ... it's a ripoff !

Again, 'preciate your prompt help!

Saludos

gigizac

American English, USA
    Hello guys,

what about Steat it?

Robatelo?

What would this imply in the case of someone trying to sell something quickly?

Thanks

Wallter Claus

Spanish-Spain
    En España cuando se compra algún objeto en las rebajas, con calidad buena y precio muy rebajado se dice que ha sido "una ganga". Por tanto la traducción más adecuada para "It´s a steal" podría ser "Es una ganga"

< Previous | Next >