its amount/value mustn't exceed

< Previous | Next >

aallaa123

Polonia, polaco
Hi,
I'm trying to explain the rules of some online auction to my friends, but I think they don't get it ( as my explanations are rather blurry).

The idea is that you can't win more than 1000 BIDs within 24 hours and, at the same time, its ( the package ) value won't exceed 1000 BIDs after reaching it. And here goes my explanation:

p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; } "You are allowed to win only one BID Package Auction within 24 hours, but remember that the [its?] maximal amount will not increase anymore after reaching 1000 BIDs."

Is it correct?

Thanks guys :)

• Myridon

English - US
    I think we'll need a lot more background than you have provided. Why is BID capitalized? Does it mean "bid" or is it an acronym for something else? The whole business of relating bids/BIDs to a value is not clear. It seems one BID would be worth one BID so 1000 BIDs can't be worth more than 1000 BIDs. :confused:

aallaa123

Polonia, polaco
    Hi! Sorry for my blurry explanation, again...

BID is a kind of currency used in online auction websites. So "BID" and "bid" ( "to bid" ) are different thing though both are written the same way.

The rules I was talking about concern the way one can enter and take part in online auction.
    When you enter an auction you can make a bid either for an article or BID Package. Starting price is always 0 BIDs and increases if other users decide to enter and bid in the auction.
    However, you are not allowed to win(=buy) more than one BID Package within 24 hours.
    Another thing is the total amount that BID Package can finally reach. Let's say, the original amount of BIDs in a BID Package is 1000 ( and starting price is 0 BIDs! ). Every time somebody decides to enter the auction and make a bid, the original Package increases in number, so that its value inreases as well... I hope it's somehow clearer now, but it may as well not be. There is a whole bunch of rules to follow...

aallaa123

Polonia, polaco
    By "When you enter an auction you can make a bid either for an article or BID Package" I meant, that there are two types of auctions ( you can buy either an article or BID Package ). If you buy a BID Package, you can later use them in other auctions ( as BIDs are virtual money used in the auctions )..

Myridon

English - US
    No, that makes no sense. Here's how I understand your explanation:
    The site has auctions where people buy "money" with the same "money".
    Someone (X) offers to sell 1000 "money" and the bidding starts at 0 "money".
    Let's say someone (Y) bids 5 "money" for the 1000 "money" which increases it to 1005 "money". Is that right?
    No one else bids so Y's bid of 5 "money" wins 1005 "money".
    Y gets something for nothing and X loses 995 "money".
    That's insane. :eek:

< Previous | Next >