It's as Jewish as you can get in her family

Tenos

Arabic
In the Movie entitled "In a World" a father invites his 2 daughters for a dinner which his girl friend has cooked. While one of the daughters is eating she asks about one of the dishes. Her father's friend says " they're just cherries from a can." Then the father says "from Canter's", so his girl friend says "no, I made it." The father then says "Just kidding. It's as Jewish as you can get in her family." So, she laughs and says "That's a good one." What does he mean by "It's as Jewish as you can get in her family"?

• owlman5

English-US
    I suppose that "Canter's" is the name of some Jewish delicatessen that the father made up when he heard the word "can".

owlman5

English-US
    Thanks for the update, Loob. If I ever find myself in West Hollywood, I'll know where to go for a good pastrami sandwich.:)

Tenos

Arabic
    ok, I guess this means that she bought the cherries from this shop because it is owned by Jews. Am I right?

owlman5

English-US
    The father said that he was kidding, Tenos, so she probably bought the cherries from some store that had nothing to do with Jewish people. His little joke used the name of a Jewish delicatessen, but the joke doesn't seem that funny when I read it in here. Maybe it was better in the show.

Tenos

Arabic
    The father said that he was kidding, Tenos, so she probably bought the cherries from some store that had nothing to do with Jewish people. His little joke used the name of a Jewish delicatessen, but the joke doesn't seem that funny when I read it in here. Maybe it was better in the show.
    Ok, I got it. Thank you all.

< Previous | Next >