It's easy to move in

Hinata Sama

Chinese
Hi, friends.
I am watching a TV drama.
There are two women, Iri and Arturia. Arturia wears a men's suit and Iri wears a women's long coat.
They have the following conversations:

Arturia: Is this manner of dress truly common for women of this era?
Iri: I choose it for you to balance out my own outfit. You don't care for it?
Arturia: No, it's fine. It's rather easy to move in.

I think the "move in" here may mean to put on the suit akin to the phrase "slip into".
But I am not very sure. Please help.

• Glenfarclas

English (American)
    Do you think it will sound unnatural, if I say it's rather easy to move in this suit?
    It's difficult to answer that question outside of any context. The sentence is completely normal from a grammatical standpoint, but it is just not an observation we normally make about suits -- unless we are accustomed to something different, I suppose.

kentix

English - U.S.
    When you do that you are changing the meaning of it. It's still grammatically correct but it's a different sentence.

In the first version, "it" refers to the suit.
    -- It's [The suit's] rather easy to move in.

In the second version that changes.
    -- It's rather easy to move in this suit.

"It" is now the dummy it and the suit is mentioned explicitly. The two sentences emphasize different things.

Hinata Sama

Chinese
    When you do that you are changing the meaning of it. It's still grammatically correct but it's a different sentence.

In the first version, "it" refers to the suit.
    -- It's [The suit's] rather easy to move in.

In the second version that changes.
    -- It's rather easy to move in this suit.

"It" is now the dummy it and the suit is mentioned explicitly. The two sentences emphasize different things.
    Thanks, last question.
    Does the second sentence still mean that when she is wearing the suit, it is easy for her to move?

< Previous | Next >