It's gonna go right on back to me being unwanted.

emre aydın

Turkish
A woman isn't willing to be a donor for his brother and criticized by her brother and daughter for this. The woman says:

We both know that the only reason you even wanted me down here was because you need my damn liver. And now that I'm saying no, it's gonna go right on back to me being unwanted and unneeded by both of you.

(Nashville)

1) Is "go on" necessary here? Can we say "It's gonna go right back to me being unwanted" (without on)? (I'd say "yes")

2) Is the definition for the part "go on back to me being unwanted" "end up again me being unwanted"?

Thanks for your help.

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    it's gonna go right on back to me being unwanted and unneeded by both of you.
    =
    it (the situation) is going to continue directly by my returning to being unwanted and unneeded by both of you.

Barque

Tamil
    1) Is "go on" necessary here? Can we say "It's gonna go right back to me being unwanted" (without on)?
    It's idiomatic speech, so it's not just a question of whether it's necessary or not. You can omit it without a change in meaning but "on" is fine in that sentence - it conveys an impression of a natural course of events.

2) Is the definition for the part "go on back to me being unwanted" "end up again with me being unwanted"?
    Yes.

< Previous | Next >