It's like someone tells you to (bleep) off

wu ming

Italian
Hi everybody, I'm not grasping the meaning of the last part, can someone tell me what the word in place of that (bleep) is?! The guy who is speaking has been proposed a bet and he feels he has to accept it:

I feel like I'm kind of pinned against the wall that I have to do this. It wouldn't have been my idea, this bet, but I can't hedge out of it, because I'm breaking face, really. It's like someone tells you to (bleep) off, you either (bleep) off or hit him.

Thank you very much!

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    Sometimes when people use obscene language, or naughty words, in an interview, or a play or movie which is then broadcast on radio or TV, the offending words are censored by blanking out the sound track with a "bleep" to make them incomprehensible. Your example shows an imitation of that practice in print. As Ral says, the blanked-out word is almost certainly the "F-word".

wu ming

Italian
    Sometimes when people use obscene language, or naughty words, in an interview, or a play or movie which is then broadcast on radio or TV, the offending words are censored by blanking out the sound track with a "bleep" to make them incomprehensible. Your example shows an imitation of that practice in print. As Ral says, the blanked-out word is almost certainly the "F-word".
    I'm sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself in the right way :) I know what the use of the bleep is. Just wasn't sure which one of the numerous bad words it was hiding ;)

Thank you!

< Previous | Next >