It's necessary that time stop

< Previous | Next >

luciaoliva15

español- Argentina
"it's necessary that time stop"
Hello, I want this sentence in kanjis, there is no context, its for a sign, but i want people to understand the meaning. Help, please.

• karlalou

Banned
    母国語:日本語
    We need more explanations about it to give you what you really mean.
    What kind of sign is it? Like a message on a T-shirt? Why you need the sign?
    Do you read Japanese?

時間が止まることが必要だ would be a literal translation, rigid and unnatural that no Japanese would say this.
    時間よ止まれ would be heard once in a while, this is in imperative form. There's a song with this title.
    時間 is the most used word for 'time', but you can also use 時, which is more literary.

If this is the word worrying about the serious problems in the world, I think people have many ways to say this.
    時よ、もう進むんじゃない! (Time, don't move forward anymore!)
    時よ、もう進むな! (Time, don't move forward anymore!)
    時間よ、ここで止まれ! (Time, stop here!)

luciaoliva15

español- Argentina
    We need more explanations about it to give you what you really mean.
    What kind of sign is it? Like a message on a T-shirt? Why you need the sign?
    Do you read Japanese?

時間が止まることが必要だ would be a literal translation, rigid and unnatural that no Japanese would say this.
    時間よ止まれ would be heard once in a while, this is in imperative form. There's a song with this title.
    時間 is the most used word for 'time', but you can also use 時, which is more literary.

If this is the word worrying about the serious problems in the world, I think people have many ways to say this.
    時よ、もう進むんじゃない! (Time, don't move forward anymore!)
    時よ、もう進むな! (Time, don't move forward anymore!)
    時間よ、ここで止まれ! (Time, stop here!)
    Sorry, I know nothing of Japanese, is like an exhibition of poetry in several languages, and we make signs for decorate the room with many sentences in the diferents languages

karlalou

Banned
    母国語:日本語
    I see. You can pick anything from what I've written, or maybe others might come and give you more alternatives. :)

SoLaTiDoberman

Japanese
    時間を止める必要がある。
    時間を止めなければ。 are alternative translations.

I think 時間が止まることが必要だ is the most appropriate translation in your context.

810senior

Japanese
    I'm afraid I don't get to understand what the sentence refers to but the literal translation says "時間は止まらなければならない(jikan-wa tomaranakereba naranai)".
    I wonder what context it would come from.

< Previous | Next >