it's not that specific memories of the assault would pop up

Vanloon

Hindi
682: Ten Sessions - This American Life

Jaime Lowe
I thought because I didn't talk about the assault or even think about it much, everything was as resolved as it could be but then after Donald Trump, and "grab them by the pussy," and Harvey Weinstein, and all of them, it's not that specific memories of the assault would pop up, I just felt immobilized, anxious, protective of my body. And I realized my sexual assault wasn't resolved at all. Around this time, I heard about a therapy for sexual assault survivors, called Cognitive Processing Therapy, or CPT.

Q: I cannot understand those bold sentence. I assume that Jaime Lowe felt bad because of those people(Trump, Weinstein etc.) Could you paraphrase this sentence in easiest way?
Thanks a lot!

• grassy

Polish
    It means that the scandals involving Trump and Weinstein didn't make her think about the specific details of her assault. Instead, they made her feel anxious, immobilized and protective of her body.

Vanloon

Hindi
    It means that the scandals involving Trump and Weinstein didn't make her think about the specific details of her assault. Instead, they made her feel anxious, immobilized and protective of her body.
    Thanks a lot! It is very clear.

< Previous | Next >