"It's off we go".

theinquisitor

Galicia - Galician
Hello everybody,

Do anyone know how to translate this sentences, I found them in a text where two boys were talking about going to a party, that's clear, but, I can't find the sense of the last one. It is as follows:

Are you coming to Happy Hour tonight?,How's it going?,It's off we go

Any help will be welcome,

Thanks in advance!

• mickgreen58

USA-English
    Hello everybody,

Do anyone know how to translate this sentences, I found them in a text where two boys were talking about going to a party, that's clear, but, I can't find the sense of the last one. It is as follows:

Are you coming to Happy Hour tonight?,How's it going?,It's off we go

Any help will be welcome,

Thanks in advance!

"Off we go" basically means: "we are leaving".

Metztli

Mexico Spanish / English
    Hi again Inqui,

Are you sure there's an "It's" before the "off we go"... because, off we go is something like "here we go"... but the "It's" is what I don't get.

Can you dobule check for us, please?

theinquisitor

Galicia - Galician
    Hi, Metztli,

Already checked, that is the sentence, word by word. Although, being a teen context, maybe it is not under the traditional grammar structures...

Orange Blossom

U.S.A. English
    Hi again Inqui,

Are you sure there's an "It's" before the "off we go"... because, off we go is something like "here we go"... but the "It's" is what I don't get.

Can you dobule check for us, please?

"Here we go" doesn't always imply leaving.

A sample scenario:

A baby is crying because she's hungry. The mother comes in to nurse the baby and arranges the baby appropriately for nursing. At the final step, the mother might say, "Here we go." or "There we go." The needs are met. You might also be used instead of we in the sentence.

In contrast, "off we go" almost always means leaving for someplace else. Another variant is "We're off and running."

Orange Blossom