it's thunder

Blue Apple

Persian (Iran)
Hi. This link explains different ways of saying how the weather is. However, I have not ever heard some of them like "it's thunder", "it's heat", "it's muddy", and "it's thaw". Are these wrong, as I think?

• Greyfriar

Hello.

This is a very simple list of weather conditions to help foreign students learning English. It doesn't intend to be grammatical, just giving nouns and adjectives as a first step in weather types incfomation.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Are these wrong, as I think?
    Yes.
    The page indicates that all can be prefixed by "It's", and that all refer to the weather: neither is true.

Cold, Sunny, Cloudy, Windy, Foggy, Stormy, Raining, Hailing, Snowing, Hot, Freezing, Below freezing, Warm, Pouring, Thunder, Heat, Thaw, Melting, Drizzling, Chilly, Dirty, Muddy

Blue Apple

Persian (Iran)
    Yes.
    The page indicates that all can be prefixed by "It's", and that all refer to the weather: neither is true.

Cold, Sunny, Cloudy, Windy, Foggy, Stormy, Raining, Hailing, Snowing, Hot, Freezing, Below freezing, Warm, Pouring, Thunder, Heat, Thaw, Melting, Drizzling, Chilly, Dirty, Muddy
    Does not "it's melting" mean it is getting spring (warmer) and the snows are melting?

Last edited:

Myridon

English - US
    Does not "it's melting" mean it is getting spring (warmer) and the snows are melting?
    What's it like outside today? It's windy. :tick:
    What's it like outside today? It's melting. :cross:The weather is not melting.
    What's the snow doing? How's the snow? It's melting. :tick: The snow is melting.

bicontinental

English (US), Danish, bilingual
    You can say, the snow is melting, and it's muddy after the heavy rain yesterday, but the prompt/question is, What's the weather like in your country? You can't reply, it's melting.

Bic.

Crossposted...

< Previous | Next >