I've always trusted you so far / ...

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
In my following self-made example, would someone please tell me which choice works:
- You've undergone your test in friendship many times ago and after then, I've always trusted you …..
a) so far
b) up to now
c) until now
d) by now
I think "a" is the best, "b" is acceptable and finally "c" and "d" do not work in this context.

• acekidpro

UK
    English (UK) - French (CH and FR)
    ...are you testing me? :D
    Sorry but your sentence makes no sense: if you have always trusted him, you cannot use "so far" or "by now".
    And if you do not trust him any more your sentence does not explain it, so you cannot use "up to now/ until now"/.

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    ...are you testing me? :D
    Sorry but your sentence makes no sense: if you have always trusted him, you cannot use "so far" or "by now".
    And if you do not trust him any more your sentence does not explain it, so you cannot use "up to now/ until now"/.
    :D Cool. But let's imagine my context is only "I've always trusted you........."
    Then according to what you said above, the following sentences will be correct:
    - I've always trusted you up to now. (means I trusted you up by this moment, but I will not trust you from now on)
    - I've always trusted you until now. (means I trusted you up by this moment, but I will not trust you from now on)
    ---------------------------
    - I've always trysted you so far. :cross:
    - I've always trysted you by now. :cross:
    ---------------------------
    But why?

< Previous | Next >