I've met her, but don't know her very well

< Previous | Next >

jenuhhveev

USA, English
i'm trying to say 'i've met her, but don't know her very well' and 'will we be going skiing when i'm in france?'

i'm having a lot of trouble with it...i'm only a first year french student, and don't know half these words and tenses! (haha, wait until i GET to france...then it'll be interesting!!) help with translation would be appreciated...

thanks,
genn

• anangelaway

French
    jenuhhveev said:
    i'm trying to say 'i've met her, but don't know her very well' and 'will we be going skiing when i'm in france?'

i'm having a lot of trouble with it...i'm only a first year french student, and don't know half these words and tenses! (haha, wait until i GET to france...then it'll be interesting!!) help with translation would be appreciated...

thanks,
    genn
    Bonjour jenuhhveev, et bienvenue sur le forum!:)

The best way to start learning is to try yourself first. The WR dictionary will help you to find at least the basic vocabulary, and we will be very pleased to help you correcting it. ;)

Edit: As for the verbs try this site LE CONJUGUEUR

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Hi genn,
    Welcome to WR forums :)

Let me please invite you to post the subject of your request in the title of next threads (please have a look at #4 in WR rules). I just changed the title of this thread in order to allow further searches for the same topic
    Let me also invite you to post different requests in different threads.

Moreover, as angel correctly pointed it out (thanks :) ), try to give it a shot and the members will be glad to help you and correct (if needed)

DDT

jenuhhveev

USA, English
    Merci, anangelaway!

Here is what I have so far:

Bonjour Hélène!

Je suis trés bien. Et vous, ça va?

Non, je ne suis pas Jen Harrison...J'elle ai recontré, but je ne elle suis pas trés intimement. Aucun de mes amis sont arrivent à France - je suis la freshman seule surla excursion à Thonon, mais je suis getting to know l'autres étudiants.

Oui, j'aime to ski! :) Serons nous avons ski quand je suis avec vous?

À tout à l'heure!
    -Geneviève

anangelaway

French
    jenuhhveev said:
    Bonjour Hélène!

Je vais trés bien, merci.
    Et vous, comment allez-vous? or Et toi, comment vas-tu?
    If you know her quite well, you can use 'toi' here.

Non, je ne suis pas Jen Harrison...
    Did you mean that you're not with Jen H.? Or that you're not Jen H.?
    My feeling is that it is the first option, if so:
    Non, je ne suis pas avec Jen Harrison.

Je l'ai rencontrée, mais je ne suis pas encore assez intime avec elle. = i'm trying to say 'i've met her, but don't know her very well'.
    or
    ...mais je ne la connais pas encore assez bien.

Aucun de mes amis sont arrivent à France -
    Did you mean that none of friends has arrived yet in France?

Je suis la (freshman??) seule sur l'excursion à Thonon, mais je suis en train de faire connaissance avec (getting to know) d'autres étudiants.

Oui, j'aime faire du ski (to ski)! :)
    Serons nous avons ski quand je suis avec vous?
    Allons-nous skier ensemble quand je serais avec toi?
    I'm not sure I understood the last one correctly. Did you want to know if you were going to ski when she will join you?

À tout à l'heure! = meaning you will see her the day you will send that email..? Otherwise, for see you later, you can just use, A bientôt!
    -Geneviève
    Alors Geneviève... I've tried my best to read your mind first, and I've made few corrections, but I did not understand all of it, as you didn't provide the version in English as well. You can see some changes above, and corrections. :)

< Previous | Next >