jag off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodie

France - French
I watch a TV show where the word "jag-off" is often said. I guess it's not really nice but what does it mean exactly? (you can answer in English or French as well) Thank you very much in advance.

• lainyn

Canadian English
    Erm, to me the term "jag-off" :warning: :warning: means "to masturbate", but that could just be our perverted society influencing my thought processes.

Other slang terms for "to masturbate" :warning: :warning:
    jack off
    jerk off
    wack off
    beat the monkey...

and the list goes on and on. I apologize if the content of this post is inappropriate.

People often use slang terms for masturbation as insults, eg. "You jerk-off!" or "Why don't you go jack off like you always do each night!?"

It's not quite as bad as the F-word, but still should not be used in polite society.

~Lainyn

RobInAustin

US English, French
    The colloquial use of that term (jack-off, not "jag-off") is very similar to the UK English "wank" and "wanker". It is considered vulgar. In the US, you could say (very impolite) "That guy is a total jack-off" meaning he is a total jerk, as well as being a verb.

orc13

USA, English
    another usage of "jacking-off" is a slang way to say "being lazy", or a jack-off could be a lazy person ("ne rien foutre" would perhaps describe it in French?), i.e. "stop jacking-off, you're supposed to be working!" ...uh which wouldn't apply to me at the moment...:eek:

Benjy

English - English
    orc13 said:
    another usage of "jacking-off" is a slang way to say "being lazy", or a jack-off could be a lazy person ("ne rien foutre" would perhaps describe it in French?), i.e. "stop jacking-off, you're supposed to be working!" ...uh which wouldn't apply to me at the moment...:eek:
    i think glandouiller/glander would probably be a closer match in that case :eek:

Jabote

French from France
    Expression de mon époux en parlant d'un fainéant, ou de quelqu'un qui n'avance pas en voiture : "Ça y est ? On peut avancer ? Il a fini de se tirer sur l'élastique, le petit monsieur ?"... Pour ce que ça vaut, mais à chaque fois ça me fait rigoler....

Benjy

English - English
    this thread is not going to turn into a contest for how can come up with the most creative ways of designating l'autosatisfaction :/

thread closed.
    if anyone has a pertinent comment on the orignal question, they may pm me and i will consider reopening the thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >