Comment traduiriez-vous en arabe les phrases suivantes :

1. J'ai déjà mangé.
  2. As-tu déjà oublié ?
  3. Es-tu déjà parti en France ?

Avec les voyelles si possible.

Merci.

• barkoosh

Arabic - Lebanon
    Il n'est pas possible de traduire le mot "déjà" par le même mot arabe. En plus, je crois qu'il est parfois possible de ne pas le traduire.

سَبَقَ أَنْ أَكَلْتُ ou tout simplement لَقَدْ أَكَلْتُ.
    هَلْ نَسِيتَ بِهذِهِ السُّرْعَةِ؟
    هَلْ سَبَقَ أَنْ ذَهَبْتَ إِلَى فَرَنْسَا؟ ou هَلْ ذَهَبْتَ إِلى فَرَنْسَا مِنْ قَبْلُ؟

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    Il n'est pas possible de traduire le mot "déjà" par le même mot arabe. En plus, je crois qu'il est parfois possible de ne pas le traduire.

سَبَقَ أَنْ أَكَلْتُ ou tout simplement لَقَدْ أَكَلْتُ.
    هَلْ نَسِيتَ بِهذِهِ السُّرْعَةِ؟
    هَلْ سَبَقَ أَنْ ذَهَبْتَ إِلَى فَرَنْسَا؟ ou هَلْ ذَهَبْتَ إِلى فَرَنْسَا مِنْ قَبْلُ؟
    Très bien, merci beaucoup.

rayloom

Arabic (Hijazi Arabic)
    Bien que "قد' soit utilisé de la même manière que "déjà" dans les dialects.
    On dit par exemple:
    قد أكلت؟ pour dire: t'as déjà mangé?
    قيدك نسيت! t'as déjà oublié! (dans mon dialect قد devient قيد avec les pronoms clitiques)
    قيدك رحت لفرنسا؟ t'es déjà parti en France?
    Mais quand on dit قد رحت لفرنسا؟, ça veut dire t'es jamais allé en France?

Ce n'est pas toujours a = b :)

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    Bien que "قد' soit utilisé de la même manière que "déjà" dans les dialects.
    On dit par exemple:
    قد أكلت؟ pour dire: t'as déjà mangé?
    قيدك نسيت! t'as déjà oublié! (dans mon dialect قد devient قيد avec les pronoms clitiques)
    قيدك رحت لفرنسا؟ t'es déjà parti en France?
    Mais quand on dit قد رحت لفرنسا؟, ça veut dire t'es jamais allé en France?

Ce n'est pas toujours a = b :)
    Merci pour ces précisions.

----------------

Bonsoir,

J'ai vu dans un dictionnaire qu'on pouvait utiliser سَابِقاً ou قَبلاً pour dire "déjà" (auparavant) mais aucun exemple n'est donné, qu'en pensez-vous ?

Last edited:

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    If you search 'already' on the forum's titles you should find many similar threads. A common translation in Egypt is خلاص. Have you eaten already = خلاص أكلت\أكلت خلاص؟. It is a bit vague if you get the intonation wrong though, so some people say 'already' (Or in the francophonie 'déjà'). Your suggestions are not an exact translation; قبلاً='avant' , سلفاً='en avance'.

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    If you search 'already' on the forum's titles you should find many similar threads. A common translation in Egypt is خلاص. Have you eaten already = خلاص أكلت\أكلت خلاص؟. It is a bit vague if you get the intonation wrong though, so some people say 'already' (Or in the francophonie 'déjà'). Your suggestions are not an exact translation; قبلاً='avant' , سلفاً='en avance'.
    Thank you. Yes good idea I did a search with the word "already" and I found this http://www.wordreference.com/enar/already

- The use of the word "بعدْ" seems strange to me : Have you already finished your homework? ألم تكمل واجباتك المدرسية بعدْ؟
    - There is an example with the word "سابقاً" : I have already been to Paris. زرت باريس سابقاً

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    Try searching the forums not the dictionaries.
    سبق أن زرت باريس I have previously visited Paris
    زرت باريس سابقاً I visited Paris previously
    Doesn't feel like 'already' to me.
    As for لم يفعل بعد (he has not done [it] yet) I think this construction is peculiar to MSA.

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    Try searching the forums not the dictionaries.
    سبق أن زرت باريس I have previously visited Paris
    زرت باريس سابقاً I visited Paris previously
    Doesn't feel like 'already' to me.
    As for لم يفعل بعد (he has not done [it] yet) I think this construction is peculiar to MSA.
    I do not know if the word "already" has exactly the same meaning as the word "déjà".

But I think we can translate these sentences in French as:

J'ai déjà visité Paris.
    J'ai visité paris auparavant.

Hi guys,
    Just a technical comment: search the WordReference dictionary does lead to the forum threads related to the word(s) you search for in the dictionary: you'll find them listed at the end of the dictionary page.
    Oui effectivement.

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    Hi guys,
    Just a technical comment: search the WordReference dictionary does lead to the forum threads related to the word(s) you search for in the dictionary: you'll find them listed at the end of the dictionary page.
    All the threads? I never noticed that. Apologies then!
    قد زرت باريس feels closer to déjà in my opinion... to be honest, I think you've found several good ways to express what you mean now :)

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    Hello,

I found an example of translation (I think from the English into Arabic) using the word سلفًا what do you think ?

I DO not propose to add anything to what has already been written concerning the loss of the Lady Vain. As everyone knows, she collided with a derelict when ten days out from Callao.

لا أعتزم إضافة أي شيء إلى ما كُتب سلفًا عن اختفاء السفينة " ليدي فين"؛ فكما يعلم الجميع، اصطدمت "ليدي فين" بسفينة مهجورة بعد إقلاعها من "كالاو" بعشرة أيام
    Merci.

momai

Arabic - Syria
    hey
    I think it works in this case but generally it's used as the phrase "in advance"
    eg: شكرا سلفا like شكرا مسبقا

Ibn Nacer

French - France
    hey
    I think it works in this case but generally it's used as the phrase "in advance"
    eg: شكرا سلفا like شكرا مسبقا
    Thank you.

To translate "already" (déjà in french), is it better to use the word "سَابِقاً" or it is the same thing ?

< Previous | Next >