Jak bylm muk umrzec z milosci teraz

kjersti

English-US
Hello, I'm trying to learn Polish and so my boyfriend often sends me messages so I can try to translate them but I have a really difficult time doing it because he tends to not use the accented letters. Also most dictionaries and translation sites seem to only have certain forms for words. I've tried asking him to explain a little more about how to try and guess how to spell the words but so far he isn't much help!

So say if he sends me something like this:

"Jak bylm muk umrzec z milosci teraz, i jak bylm moglem byc przy tobie, to by bylo cug. I byc przy cobie"

I really can only understand pronouns subjects and conjunctions but really I have no idea how to go about it. Does anyone have any advice that could help me easily recognize that certain words are not in their infinitive (or whatever form I could look them up with).

Obviously the best solution would be to get better at my Polish vocabulary but it's taking me awhile.

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • BezierCurve

Welcome Kjersti!No wonder you couldn't find the meanings - all the diacritic letters are written using only Latin script, besides, there are a few typos. My guess is:"I could die for (your) love now, and if only I could be with you, it would be wonderful. And to be with you... (?)"Not sure about the meaning of the last sentence though. I'm afraid there's no other way for you to find out the meaning (those short text messages tend to have abbreviations, typos and missing diacritics), but hey, that's what the forum is for ;)Take care.

kjersti

English-US
    Aww see he sends such nice things in Polish so it's nice to finally know what they are!! Yeah I figured that the spelling was off or something. Thank you so much, that really helps out a lot. Now I don't feel so dumb for not being able to find out what it means.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    To me
    "Jak bylm muk umrzec z milosci teraz, i jak bylm moglem byc przy tobie, to by bylo cug. I byc przy cobie"
    means:
    If I could die of love now, and if I could be by your side, it would be wonderful. And be by your side.
    The last sentence is a repetition of one part from the previous sentence. Stilistically, and grammatically, it's not good Polish, but I suppose they are not the most important in this message. ;-)

Tom

kjersti

English-US
    He has been living in the US for a long time, so his grammar is probably a little rusty. Thank you for translating it for me!

Oh! Could you help with another question:
    'kocham cie z calem moj serce!" = 'I love you with all my heart' ?