Japanese for snap off, pull

josu87

español-español
Hi!

I'm looking for the translation of "to snap off" or "to break" in Japanese characters. I need it to be short, as it will appear in a strip of plastic that has to be broken, snaped off with a vigorous pull. Also, I'm looking for "remove", as to say something that has to be removed from something so it can be used. Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Joschl

Japanese
    Why don't you upload a photo of that "strip of plastic that has to be broken, snapped off with a vigorous pull"?
    Don't you think that it would be helpful for yourself to tell us exactly what needs to be removed from what?

Last edited:

josu87

español-español
    What difference would it make showing you a photo of the plastic strip? It's a plastic strip that has to be snapped off. There isn't much to it, my friend. And about what has to be removed, imagine a pen's cap.

gengo

American English
    I agree that we need more context, so that we can choose the best word(s). I've never seen a pen with a cap that had to be broken to be removed.

Nos ayudaría en ayudarte si tuviéramos más contexto sobre el asunto.

josu87

español-español
    Basically, I´m looking for the word "remove" for a cap that comes on the tip of a weapon's barrel, which has to be removed before firing. And the word snap, or break, is for a strip of plastic that is used to cock the weapon for the first round and then pulled so it snaps off, and is thrown away. Hope it answers the question.

Last edited:

gengo

American English
    Basically, I´m looking for the word "remove" for a cap that comes on the tip of a weapon's barrel, which has to be removed before firing.
    I might say 使用前に取り外してください. Maybe someone can suggest a shorter version. I'm not sure if just 取り外す would sound natural.
    And the word snap, or break, is for a strip of plastic that is used to cock the weapon for the first round and then pulled so it snaps off, and is thrown away. Hope it answers the question.
    Perhaps: 折れるまで引っ張る/引っ張ってください.

Wait for other replies.

josu87

español-español
    Excuse my absolute ignorance regarding Japanese, but I'm looking for the translation of just 'remove' and 'snap' (or 'break'). Is all that a translation of just those two words?😱😱

gengo

American English
    Excuse my absolute ignorance regarding Japanese, but I'm looking for the translation of just 'remove' and 'snap' (or 'break'). Is all that a translation of just those two words?
    Sorry, I thought you could read Japanese.

使用前に取り外してください = Remove before use
    取り外す =Remove
    折れるまで引っ張ってください = Pull to break (roughly)

Sería muy util ver una foto, si la tienes.