je découvre en même temps que vous les images

Larissa2000

English USA
Hi,

This is said during a fictional broadcast (US English), after a candidate wins the presidential elections.

Avant de retrouver la future présidente, qui ne va pas tarder à s'exprimer, on m'informe que la candidate battue va faire une déclaration maintenant. Nous l'écoutons, je découvre en même temps que vous les images.

How would a real newscaster say this (je découvre en même temps que vous les images) on TV?

Thanks.

• English - the Queen's
    In Britain, (s)he would say something like: "These are live pictures, so you are seeing the same pictures as I am."

In other words, the pictures are not recorded, the newscaster hasn't seen them before, so (s)he's not in a position to offer any background info, any interpretation, or put them into context.

Larissa2000

English USA
    In Britain, (s)he would say something like: "These are live pictures, so you are seeing the same pictures as I am."

In other words, the pictures are not recorded, the newscaster hasn't seen them before, so (s)he's not in a position to offer any background info, any interpretation, or put them into context.
    I think in the US it would be "live images" -- otherwise, it's great. Sounds right to me.

Thank you.

lucas-sp

English - Californian
    I feel like a US newscaster would say "Remember, these images will all be live, so you and I will be seeing them for the first time together." "The same" isn't describing the "pictures" but the "experience of / number of times that we are seeing the pictures."