je l'ai toujours été avec toi

< Previous | Next >

samedi_x

English- United States
Bonjour!
I think i know what this phrase says but i just want to be sure if i am fully correct "je l'ai toujours etait avec toi" i think it says "i am always to be with you" Im not sure can someone verify it for me merci beacoup. :)

• SwissPete

Français (CH), AE (California)
    Do you mean « Je l'ai toujours été avec toi », meaning "I have always been it with you" (whatever it means)?

samedi_x

English- United States
    looking at the sentence now i think the person might have wanted to say "ete". So thank you :) Also this might be a silly question to ask but since were on the topic but what does the "l" mean in "l'ai" it means have i think? It just wasnt ever that cleared to me.

frenchlady

French- France
    looking at the sentence now i think the person might have wanted to say "ete". So thank you :) Also this might be a silly question to ask but since were on the topic but what does the "l" mean in "l'ai" it means have i think? It just wasnt ever that cleared to me.
    Could you give us the previous sentence ? "l" replaces something said before.

samedi_x

English- United States
    the message that was said before the person wrote this was
    -" i know you didnt say anything bad, i just wanted you to be honest from what your mind says"
    +" je l'ai toujours etait avec toi"
    -"what?"
    +"honest"

that's the full conversation a little. hope it helps

< Previous | Next >