jerk you bald-headed [southern US] [+ snatch you baldheaded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

csicska

hungarian
Hello. I'm watching a video of Southern US expressions (sometimes I think that the expression is not only used in the US but it's the pronunciation that makes it southern) and the woman below says "If you cheat on me I will jerk you bald-headed". Could you please tell me if "to jerk someone baldheaded" means "to tear off all of their hair"? Thank you.

Attachments

• Mrs JJJ

USA
    English (British)
    This is an expression that I've never heard before. However, I found a reference to it on another web page and this is the meaning given:-
    >>
    SNATCH [or GRAB or JERK] BALDHEADED: To defeat thoroughly, thrash, beat up, manhandle, treat roughly, etc. (hence) to stun, amaze. (Historical Dictionary of American Slang, Dictionary of American Regional English)
    <<
    Admittedly I'm not from the south of the USA, or even American. But I've lived in the USA for quite a long time and, as I said, today is the first time I've encountered this expression. And since the definition is taken from a historical dictionary, I think that the expression may now be rather old-fashioned. Although you now understand it, I would suggest that you probably don't need to try to use it yourself.

Here is the web page where I found the reference. You'll need to scroll quite a long way down the page in order to see it:
    to run "bald headed" at it. - Wordwizard

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >