jetlag vs jet-lag / jetlagged

yadir

Colombia spanish
Hi
I saw this word in an BBC news article, about the family of the brazillian guy that was killed by the police in a tube station last month, but i'm not sure about its meaning.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot,
yadir:)

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Yadir,
    Welcome to the forums. Here is the WR English dictionary definition

jet_lag
    fatigue and sleep disturbance resulting from disruption of the body's normal circadian rhythm as a result of jet travel

un saludo,
    Cuchuflete

QUIJOTE

USA
    Now here is something that happens to me, when I fly from Germany to NY, the effect is minimal, but when I return from NY to Germany, the feeling of jet lag is very strong, I have tried to sleep in the airplane, take pills, drink lots of fluids (not alcohol) to no avail, I always end up tired and awake at 3:30 AM and falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon. :confused:

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    QUIJOTE said:
    Now here is something that happens to me, when I fly from Germany to NY, the effect is minimal, but when I return from NY to Germany, the feeling of jet lag is very strong, I have tried to sleep in the airplane, take pills, drink lots of fluids (not alcohol) to no avail, I always end up tired and awake at 3:30 AM and falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon. :confused:
    Same here:

Tel Aviv > New York (almost no jet lag)
    New York > Tel Aviv (almost always)

But more on topic:

I do think it's written as two words, right?

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    elroy said:
    I do think it's written as two words, right?
    Preferred spelling is two words. That is how our dictionary does it.
    Google also prefers it as two words. Uncle G lists about 1.8 million entries that way. However, common usage includes jetlag, with about a million entries.

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    jet-lag..or jet lag...(both are accepted) happens due to the fact that your body is still on the 'time' of where you live.

Most people don't feel it when they are in the start of their travels..they are just excited to be 'in' a new place..
    but feel it more when they are returning home..back to the daily grind of their lives...
    tg

< Previous | Next >