Joinery Unit

< Previous | Next >

kmarteva

Bulgarian
Does anybody know what is a joinery unit? From context I can say it is something to be found in an office and can be dusted. Is it something like cabinets or different compartments in an open- plan office?

Context: " The cleaners need to dust on top of the joinery units".

• cyberpedant

English USA, Northeast, NYC
    "Joinery" is a term I associate with wood-working.
    OED:
    joinery
    (ˈdʒɔɪnərɪ)
    [f. joiner + -y3: see -ery.]
    1.1 The art or occupation of a joiner; the construction of wooden furniture, fittings, etc.; also concr. such articles collectively; things made by a joiner.

Can you give us a bit more context?

kmarteva

Bulgarian
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any more context. It is a description of an office in Australia. So in the office there are 8 joinery units, but I have no idea what is this? Any help will be highly appreciated!

Sparky Malarky

English - US
    With no further context my guess would be that "joinery units" is a fancy name for things made of wood. Suppose they told you to dust the cabinets, and you do. Then they ask "Why didn't you dust the bookshelves?" They are trying to say "dust all the furniture but not the machines" or something like that. But this seems silly to me.

If this is a job instruction, I encourage you to ask your boss what it means!

kmarteva

Bulgarian
    Quite sure. But your explanations work for me, bear in mind that we're talking about Au
    stralia here. :) If there are any local differences, I mean:)

< Previous | Next >