Juane

allan werner

U.S.A. ENGLISH
Hi,

I Am In Need For The Translation Of Juane. I Am Not Sure If It Is French Or Spanish. Can Anyone Help Me.

Thank You,

Al

• Gil

Français, Canada
    Nywoe said:
    I am quite sure that it is Spanish.
    Unless it is misspelled for "jaune".
    Is it the name of a person, of a color, of a drink? More context would be appreciated. :)

magzlw87

USA English
    If it is a misspelling of the french word "Jaune," then it means "yellow."

Could it actually be the name Juan with a typo? I also found several names with an e, but these could also be errors...

I also found a reference to a peruvian dish that is similar to a tamale:
    he celebrations begin in the kitchens. In every house people cook the juane, a sort of a tamale of rice with regional condiments that is wrapped up in bijao leaves, a special plant of the forest.

Hope you figure it out! :)

Gil

Français, Canada
    allan werner said:
    Hi,

I Am Trying Again With The Correct Spelling Of Jaune.

Thank You,
    Al
    O.K. Now we have got the color: yellow. Is there anything else we should know?

graham franc

etas unis - english
    :D jaune - as in jaune maillot. the yellow jersey, famed winner's jersey of Le Tour de France - which lance armstrong seems on his way to Sept - seven of them, consecutively. this is quite a remarkable thing, even aside from the fact that he is a cancer survivor. he brings hope to the world in that jaune maillot.

graham franc

etas unis - english
    p.s. check my post today concerning the term jaune - the lexicon in this translation online database don't include the term "jaune maillot".

Cath.S.

français de France
    Un jaune (briseur de grève) is also what the British call a scab : a strikebreaker
    On a cheerier note, un petit jaune is an anise-flavoured alcoholic drink more commonly known as pastis. :)

Sev

France, french.
    graham franc said:
    p.s. check my post today concerning the term jaune - the lexicon in this translation online database don't include the term "jaune maillot".
    Normal, because it doesn't exist. :) It's "maillot jaune". Which isn't in the database either :)

Cath.S.

français de France
    graham franc said:
    It is in fact maillot jaune, and you are right, Graham, it ought to be included in the compound forms of jaune. :thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >