Just think of what it would be like if all those individuals

Discussion in 'English Only' started by rasko, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rasko New Member

Chinese
    "Plus, there is a terrible hypocrisy at work here. Is the government really the institution to stand in judgment? Just think of what it would be like if all those individuals in Washington responsible for counterfeiting our currency or forcing unconstitutional penalties on us through the tax system were to be punished with the death penalty. It wouldn’t be pretty. " --Ron Paul "LIBERTY DEFINED"

Hello guys, I have no idea what this sentence means:

"Just think of what it would be like if all those individuals in Washington responsible for counterfeiting our currency or forcing unconstitutional penalties on us through the tax system were to be punished with the death penalty. "

Could you please help me? Thanks.

2. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    The very abbreviated version:
    Just think what it would be like
    = Just imagine ... if all those people in Washington who did [A] or were killed. Not pretty.

It's like saying:
    Just think what it would be like to fly. Pretty incredible.

3. rasko New Member

Chinese
    Thank you Copyright

<< Thank you Copyright, but what the meaning of "or forcing unconstitutional penalties on us through the tax system "? >>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
  4. Copyright

Copyright Senior Member

Penang
    American English
    I read it as: punishing us by making us pay taxes that aren't even constitutional (that are contrary to the Constitution of the United States).