Just want to make sure you're coming to my Dick-tober Awesome Halloween Costume Jam tomorrow night.

Tenos

Arabic
A man is called Dick is inviting a woman to his Halloween part. he tells her "Just want to make sure you're coming to my Dick-tober Awesome Halloween Costume Jam tomorrow night." what does he mean by this sentence?

• Barque

Tamil
    Halloween falls on 31 October. So it looks like he's punning on his name and October as a name for the Halloween costume party (the "Awesome Halloween Costume Jam") that he's having.

Chez

English English
    Well, it's a totally invented, almost nonsense sentence, trying to make the event sound more exciting.

My interpretation would be:

Halloween is in October, so he's making a joke with his name and calling it 'Dicktober' (there's a similarity in sound).

Awesome and Halloween are words I'm sure you know.

'Jam' in this context is used to mean 'everybody getting together, making noise and having a good time' (i.e. a party). 'Jam' in this sense was originally used when musicians got together and just improvised on their instruments, having fun and enjoying themselves.

So, it boils down to: I hope you're coming to my amazing Halloween party.

Tenos

Arabic
    Well, it's a totally invented, almost nonsense sentence, trying to make the event sound more exciting.

My interpretation would be:

Halloween is in October, so he's making a joke with his name and calling it 'Dicktober' (there's a similarity in sound).

Awesome and Halloween are words I'm sure you know.

'Jam' in this context is used to mean 'everybody getting together, making noise and having a good time' (i.e. a party). 'Jam' in this sense was originally used when musicians got together and just improvised on their instruments, having fun and enjoying themselves.

So, it boils down to: I hope you're coming to my amazing Halloween party.
    Thank you a lot for your helpful explanation

< Previous | Next >