kannat, Nato-kannat

Jagorr

Russian, Belarusian
Miten kääntäisitte kansanedustajien Nato-kannat ? (englanniksi, saksaksi, venäjäksi, miksi vain :) )

• Jagorr

Russian, Belarusian
    I have doubts about this being a good way to say it in English, because it would seem to me to mean "the positions of MPs in NATO".

(However, I simply don't know and this might be the correct way to express it)

I undestand that kannat are positions in the sense of opinions or points of view.

Although I do not understand it completely, as the graphs on the web say kyllä/ei - but what is the question that is being answered with yes/no? Within the context it is clear, but perhaps kannat also means support? Then answers yes/no would also be clear in any context, meaning voting yes/no for any support.

Were there other kannat in the parliament, other than Nato-kannat ? Is it a common procedure? If a procedure at all...

Kristoffer71

Swedish
    Kanta means what position you have taken about a certain matter. Then there can be a vote for example in parliament in order to etablish which kanta MPs are having. So it is not a procedure. And yes there are all kinds of kannat in parliament, since MPs and their parties need to take positions on a wide range of matters.

A more explanatory translation could be:

The positions of MPs on Finland entering NATO (as a new member)

Kristoffer71

Swedish
    Are you aware of the page Linguee | English-Finnish dictionary

It shows translations in context for anything you write in English or Finnish. So you can write kannat and see how this is translated in various contexts.

If you search for a phrase and not just for one word, you can write this phrase inside " " marks. This way this exact phrasing will be searched for.