karşılaşmak (by accident)

< Previous | Next >

Jennifer Weiss

Russian
İyi geceler
Bodrum'da uyumuyorum :D .

I would like to know if the word "karşılaşmak" means "to bump into" (by accident) into someone.
Mesela: Dün Bodrum'un merkezi benim arkadaşlarıma üniversiteden karşılaştım. Çok şaşkın oldum.

Teşekkürler ederim.

• Cagsak

İyi geceler
    Bodrum'da uyumuyorum :D .

I would like to know if the word "karşılaşmak" means "to bump into" (by accident) into someone.
    Mesela: Dün Bodrum'un merkezi benim arkadaşlarıma üniversiteden karşılaştım. Çok şaşkın oldum.

Teşekkürler ederim.
    *Dün Bodrum'un merkezinde üniversiteden bazı arkadaşlarımla karşılaştım. Çok şaşırdım. (you may also say çok şaşkınım)
    Yes, you nailed it :)

Cagsak

Nailed it? It seems like my attempt was horribly bad.😃 But I see the mistakes. Thank you very much!
    No worries :) It's okay. It works well and you get how it works.
    Don't forget to add "-le/la" suffix to the noun when you use the verb karşılaşmak

arkadaşlarım+la karşılaştım.
    arkadaşları+yla karşılaştı.
    baban+la karşılaştın.
    sevgilisi+yle karşılaştı.

if it is confusing you might say arkadaşlarım ile karşılaştım. You are able to put ile between the noun and the verb instead of adding the suffixes.

Jennifer Weiss

Russian
    Ths
    No worries :) It's okay. It works well and you get how it works.
    Don't forget to add "-le/la" suffix to the noun when you use the verb karşılaşmak

arkadaşlarım+la karşılaştım.
    arkadaşları+yla karşılaştı.
    baban+la karşılaştın.
    sevgilisi+yle karşılaştı.

if it is confusing you might say arkadaşlarım ile karşılaştım. You are able to put ile between the noun and the verb instead of adding the suffixes.
    Thank you. By the way, is “çok şaşkın oldum” a bad way of saying I was surprised?

Rallino

Moderatoúrkos
    Turkish
    Şaşkın can be used as an adjective before a noun: şaşkın bakışlar (surprised looks). Or you can duplicate it and use it as an adverb: şaşkın şaşkın bakmak (to look surprisedly). But we don't really say şaşkın olmak. And also, even though it can theoretically exist, it would mean something like to be imbecile or inattentive all the time, it's a "cute way" to tease someone. But again, it's not really used in the infinitive with "olmak" in real life.

< Previous | Next >