Katy love of my life

misticaldj

english
hello there, id like to know if anyone on here would be willing to give me a translation of the words 'Katy Love Of My Life' in Arabic for a tattoo
thankyou

• tabyyy

English, Spanish
    Ahlan :)!

I am not a native but I'm going to give this a try. I believe the literal translation of this would be:
    Katy 7obb 7ayaati (كاتي حب حياتي).

I'd wait for a native to confirm though, as I am just a beginner, and natives may have more variations to express this.

misticaldj

english
    thank you both very much for your help...tabyyy that is exactly the same translation that i got from google translate and i kno the word katy is write because when i searched كاتي on google there were loads of links about katy perry!! but im a bit sceptical about these free links so thank you hiba aswell, that site looks just what im after

tabyyy

English, Spanish
    Tekrame, don't mention it! :)

Like I said, I'd wait for a native because I'm sure there are more than one way to express this and perhaps you'll like one more than another. (I believe 7abib 3omri is another way to translate "love of my life" - حبيب عمري)

Also hiba's link is very interesting! It's good that you're researching how to write it; too many people rush tattoo decisions and end up with ugly, permanent mistakes. :eek: :(

hiba

USA
    English- US
    thank you both very much for your help...tabyyy that is exactly the same translation that i got from google translate and i kno the word katy is write because when i searched كاتي on google there were loads of links about katy perry!! but im a bit sceptical about these free links so thank you hiba aswell, that site looks just what im after
    Depending on how you pronounce Katy, it may also be spelled كايتي "kaity"
    كاتي is going to have the same sound as "cat" the animal.. "caty"

misticaldj

english
    the pronunciation for katy we use is kay-tee so it would be the 'kaity' translation u pointed to by the looks of it. ive hit the guy up on the website u gave me so ill see what he comes up with
    yes tabyyy, i want to get this right, i dont want to walk around with some jibberish tattooed on me so thanks for your help!

misticaldj

english
    Again, thank you very much for
    your input, it's very helpful of you.. I'd really appreciate it
    if a native Arabic speaking could give
    me some help with this, thanks

< Previous | Next >